This episode covers a topic that is plagued with myths and misunderstandings. Many are told that exercise can make a hypothyroid condition worse. But this the really the case. We interview diet, nutrition, and fitness expert Lacey Dunn.
Topics covered include:
- What are the best and worst types of training / exercises for those with hypothyroidism?
- How does exercise impact the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Thyroid-Adrenal (HPTA) Axis?
- How do you know what type of exercise is right for you?
- What are the signs and symptoms of too much or inappropriate exercise?
- How can you “test yourself before you wreck yourself”?
- How to balance exercise and recovery
- And more …
Lacey Dunn is breaking the mold in the “dietitian world” as a fitness professional, bodybuilder, and registered dietitian. Her mission is to educate others on evidence-based nutrition by promoting a healthy, sustainable lifestyle through flexible dieting. She believes that there is no “one size fits all” approach, and that self efficacy in food choice is a driving force for fostering healthy habits and encouraging behavioral change.
Lacey is the owner of a thriving online coaching platform, UpliftFit Nutrition, as well as host and founder of UpliftFit Nutrition radio. Lacey’s goal as a dietitian is to provide the tools that people need in order to achieve a healthy, and balanced diet while simultaneously helping them to grow and thrive in all aspects of their lives.