In this episode the doctors interview Nutritionist Olivia Beck to discuss the hypothyroid crisis in the United States, Ireland, and the rest of the world.
The discussion covers:
- Hypothyroid crisis, what it is, and why it may be occurring
- How common is it to have a thyroid condition in Ireland?
- Why many people diagnosed with hypothyroidism continue to struggle with thyroid hormone replacement therapy
- Is hypothyroidism a mistake or a protective mechanism?
- Thyroid Nutrition Ireland: What it is the mission and purpose.
- How do you provide support for those looking to improve their symptoms?
- What are the strategies that must be put in place to help those struggling with hypothyroidism?
- More …
Olivia Beck has a well-established clinic in Limerick City, Ireland, with a special interest in Thyroid Health, having released her first recipe e-booklet in 2014 and recently setup Thyroid Nutrition Ireland. Olivia is currently doing her Master’s Degree in Advanced Nutrition and hopes to continue to educate people on how Nutrition can help to support a thyroid condition. Olivia uses evidence-based research to inform her practice and talks, as well as her belief in walking the walk-in order to inspire others.