In this Episode of Thyroid Answers Podcast, Dr. Eric Balcavage and Dr Erica Riggleman interview Dietician Tina Christoudias Spyrou. Tina is known as the Thyroid Dietician.
Tina Christoudias Spyrou is a Harvard-trained functional registered dietitian who through her own struggles with Hashimoto’s has learned to incorporate more holistic lifestyle and nutrition practices for her patients. She is an Autoimmune Paleo Certified Coach, a functional medicine practitioner in training, an avid speaker on health and disease within her community with international podcast and local television appearances, and a passionate advocate for thyroid patients. She is the creator and host of the Thyroid Healing Summit, which will take place in Cyprus, 2020. Tina is the author of the book, “Tired of Feeling Tired?” which is a book that helps patients to understand how nutrition can play a significant role in improving hypothyroid symptoms. Through consulting, writing, speaking, and workshops, her hope is that she will be able to inspire and enable as many as possible to take their health into their own hands and be an advocate for themselves in their health journey.
In this episode of Thyroid Answers the topics covered include:
- The problems with current conventional advice on nutrition
- The problems with conventional dietary recommendations for people with hypothyroidism
- The best nutritional advice for those dealing with hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and chronic hypothyroid symptoms
- The link between diet and hypothyroidism and hashimoto’s
- The most common nutrient deficiencies seen in Hashimoto’s patients and how do you address them
- The AIP diet
- And much more …
If you have hypothyroidism, chronic hypothyroid symptoms, Hashimoto’s, have question about diet and nutrition for hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s you need to listen to this episode of Podcast!