Drs. Eric Balcavage and Erica Riggleman discuss hormones and Hypothyroidism with Dr. Jolene Brighten.
This interview is loaded with amazing information that every woman needs to hear. Topics include:
- Post Birth Control Syndrome
- Impact of Birth Control on thyroid physiology
- Impact of Birth Control on overall health
- Long term consequences of birth control
- Estrogen and thyroid physiology connection
- Birth control and weight gain
- Birth control, hashimoto’s and autoimmunity
- Birth control and GI function
- Hormones and acne
- More ….
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a Functional Naturopathic Medical Doctor and nutritional biochemist with a focus in women’s endocrine health. She is recognized as a leading expert in Post-Birth Control Syndrome and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives.
Dr. Brighten is the author of Beyond the Pill, a 30 day plan to support women on birth control, help them transition off, and eliminate symptoms of post-birth control syndrome. She is a speaker,
women’s health advocate and a medical advisor for one of the first data-driven apps to offer women personalized birth control recommendations.