In this episode of Thyroid Answers Podcast the doctors discuss the impact of trauma in inducing the Cell Danger Response and its impact of causing Cellular Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Autoimmunity, and Glandular Hypothyroidism. The doctors interview Veronique Mead, MD, MA.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The cell danger response
- The difference between stress and trauma
- How stress or trauma can impact a cell danger response and what is the impact on our physiology – fight, freeze, flee
- Why two people can experience the same trauma but have different outcomes
- How people can uncover whether they have a chronic CDR instigated by trauma
- How people can get themselves unstuck
Veronique left her career as a family doctor 20 years ago because she felt she was causing harm.
She learned what trauma really is when she retrained as a somatic trauma therapist. She shares the science of how adverse life experiences increase risk for disease on her blog, Chronic Illness Trauma Studies. The research explains why it’s not psychological.
You can find more about Dr Mead and her work at https://chronicillnesstraumastudies.com.
Need help with your Thyroid condition? Schedule a Complimentary Discovery call today by click this link: Discovery Call